Monday 20 August 2012

Something Wickedly... AMAZING!

I first saw these books last year when I was browsing in Waterstone's, and I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover but I did exactly that- and I don't regret it one bit! I soon realised it was a series, so I picked up the first two books, and came straight home.


Something Wickedly Weird 1-6 (old cover)

I have the books in the hardback edition, but I'm pretty sure that they aren't printed anymore. The new copies are paperback and some of the names have been changed, so I'll list both the old and the new names:-

Old/New
1. The Wooden Mile/The Werewolf and the Ibis
2. The Icy Hand/The Ice Pirates
3. The Silver Casket/The Bucaneers' Bones                         
4. The Darkling Curse/The Curse of the Wolf
5. The Smugglers' Mine/The Smugglers' Secret
6. The Treasure Keepers/The Golden Labyrinth

Now I'm not ruining it for anyone who wants to get them, but the books are about a boy called Stanley Buggles, who inherits some property from a late family member, in a place called Crampton Rock. A map of Crampton Rock is printed in each of the old books, but I don't know about the new ones.


The map of Crampton Rock
The books are a great read for any age- I made my dad read the first book and he loved it! The whole vibe of it isn't very conventional and I really like that it isn't any old adventure story. I hope more books are added to the series, even though I do feel sad that they won't be in the hardback anymore.  

New on the left, Old on the right




I know this has been a little longer, but I didn't want to miss anything out.

Thanks for reading,

Rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think and remember to check back as I always reply! :)