Thursday 30 August 2012

Beautiful Bunting!

I woke up on Tuesday and decided I needed bunting in my life. I have to admit, it wasn't all that spontaneous, as I had watched a very well-made video on YouTube the night before. Either way, I headed into town on the good old public transport and hiked all the way to Fenwicks (the department store). First of all, I want to point out how much cheaper it was to make it. I spent about £15 on the fabric and the tape, making about 3 metres of finished bunting, but I have a shed load of fabric left over, so I could probably make about 10 metres with £20 (the tape is about £3 for 3 metres).

My fabric (John Louden Tonal Floral Fat Quarter) and the remaining tape

 

I bought a floral pattern but they had all sorts of bundles!

One of the patterns in the pack

I'm really happy with how the bunting turned out- I absolutely LOVE it! It did take a good few hours (on a sewing machine) but it was well worth the effort.

The finished product

I also found this amazing book while browsing, and I decided to pick it up because it had instructions for really intricate bunting.

This book is amazing!
 I was really excited about this post,

I hope you enjoyed it!

Rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think and remember to check back as I always reply! :)