Wednesday 26 December 2012

Review: Urban Decay Naked Basics

To celebrate my good report and the fact that the Christmas holidays had started, my mum bought me the new Urban Decay palette while we were out shopping. 

The exterior packaging
 
The new palette features 5 matte colours, and one 'satin' shade (It's shimmery. There. I said it.). Urban Decay have released this palette due to many of their customers saying that there was not a useful balance of matte and shimmery shades in the Naked/Naked 2 palettes.
 (L-R): Venus (satin pink nude), Foxy (matte buttery yellow), W.O.S (matte champagne), Naked 2 (matte mocha), Faint (matte cool chocolate), Crave (matte blackest brown)
This palette was, therefore, designed as the bigger palettes' sidekick, but I think I will truthfully use it much more than my Naked 2. I am someone who prefers matte colours, and personally, I like that there is one slightly shimmery shade for the inner corner/brow bone highlight. The shadows are good quality, but very light and neutral- some people seem to confuse the two.
 
The packaging is also something that has improved drastically. The Naked palette is covered in a flexible felt-like material that you have no hope in hell of cleaning. The metal exterior of the Naked 2 does not attract dirt, but it attracts twice as many scratches, and has a pitiful plastic hinge. The new palette however, is made of a very sturdy heat-formed plastic shell, with a similarly secure hinge. I have not had mine for very long, but it seems very hard to scratch and can even be cleaned with a dry tissue.

The Naked 2 (top), and The Naked Basics (middle). The Naked palettes are about twice the width of the new one.
The palette retails for £20, which is a decent price drop from the £36 price tag of the full size palettes. It is much more present worthy too- I don't know about you, but I don't have a steady run of money to buy expensive gifts, and £36 is really pushing it.

Thanks for reading!

Rabbit.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think and remember to check back as I always reply! :)