Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New Year!

In a few short hours, it will be 2013. 2012 has seen many good moments for me, and many, many bad ones. In hindsight though, even those bitter moments have taught me a lot, and opened new, more significant doors for me. This year, I finally saw the truth in two of my mother's signature quotes; "what goes around comes around" and "there is always a reason for everything". I now believe in these two ideas because of a number of important events in 2012.

Let me give you an example. In 2012, I didn't make the bursary shortlist for a very popular private school. I didn't make the shortlist, because I stuck up for myself in the interview. I entered that interview with every grade an A* with the exception of two A grades. Not once was I asked what I could do for their school, instead, the 'gentleman' interviewing me did nothing but talk about how those two A grades where unsatisfactory. After about 20 minutes, I very politely said farewell and walked out of the interview.

I was mentally kicking myself for a good while, thinking I had lost the opportunity of attending what I then considered a superior school, until I got home to realise that the man had sent four emails to both of my parents asking whether I would like to be interviewed again. Without telling me, my dad replied with a rather extensive email highlighting all the reasons why he didn't like that establishment, and for a good few days I hated him for it. That was however, until I realised that the school don't even use the well recognised exam boards of Britain, but rather a 'Mickey Mouse exam board' (as my grandad called it). The exams are nowhere near the level of standard of regulated exams, and this is why the school achieved like it did. This is something that I am really glad I experienced, even though it made me shed a few tears at the time because now, I am more determined than ever to get into a good university, so I can scan my acceptance letter and send it to everyone who said I wasn't good enough to make it.

Not all of 2012 was bad though! I started this blog in August, and it is something that I will never ever regret. Nobody reads this dark little corner of the web yet, but hopefully in 2013, that will change. I have made a few resolutions that I hope I can keep, because losing weight is just not a realistic goal.. :L


My Resolutions!

I hope 2013 brings new opportunities, both for myself, and those around me.

Thanks for reading!

Rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think and remember to check back as I always reply! :)