Friday 8 March 2013

The Fault In Our Stars

Hello!

Firstly, can I just say sorry for my lack of posts. It looks awful, but I promise I haven't forgotten about BellsAndButtons or the lovely people who follow it. The truth is that I have been rather ill, and I also had to study for a Maths exam. I got my Biology results yesterday though, and I was really happy that I got an A*.

Paperback Edition
So today I'm back with a post I've been meaning to do for a while, a review of 'The Fault In Our Stars'. I read this book just as it came out, and bought it without even realising the hype around it.

I am pleased to say that John Green deserves a pat on the back for this novel! It really is beyond amazing. His approach to the lives of Hazel and Augustus could not just be produced from an empathetic imagination- one must sit and listen for hours to a child in a situation parallel to Hazel's, to understand and portray the correct emotions of a real-life cancer patient.

The story is written in such a way that could really be taken as the life of a real cancer victim. while there are elements of the 'cancer story' running throughout the book, Green made sure he showed that they were recognised, e.g. 'Cancer Perks'. He also included elements of real life, and quite importantly, explained that not all people are nice to cancer-suffering children.

All in all, a sad yet wonderful story for any reader, but purely magical for those who's analytical skills are second nature. 

I promise not to be so lazy from now on.

Thanks for reading!

Rabbit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think and remember to check back as I always reply! :)